Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

material Display in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

First time poster and rusty Archicad user. I am having difficulty getting new doors to show with their assigned materials in 3d. All doors inserted default to hidden line, and i cannot find settings to correct this in MVO or door properties dialogs.

Please refer screenshot attached. The door on LHS was already in the model, and is displaying correctly.

Also, AUS_Windoor Builder appears in library list when a new drawing is opened, but not when I open the existing drawing which was started in v18.

Many thanks,

Michael
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
MJB206:

For the door material (Surface) issue, look at the Door Settings > Model panel to see if Override Surfaces is active. If this panel is not visible in the Door Settings, go to Work Environment > Tool Schemes > Tool Settings Dialog Boxes > Door Tool and make the Model panel visible.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

The Model panel was hidden, and now all is good.

Many Thanks for your help.

Michael
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Michael:

Thanks for reporting back and adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14