BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

.mde File Extension? - Archicad 19 Educational version

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, I'm a fairly advanced user but have returned to university am using an educational version for my studies. At work, I often use a workflow using modules. For some reason, the educational version of Archicad publishes modules as .mde file extension instead of a .mod extension. I could work around this, but that file type actually isn't an option when you're trying to place modules. I can change the extension manually in explorer and the modules work fine, however if I am regularly publishing and updating modules this is an inefficient workflow. Is there any way to publish .mod files out of the educational version?
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
If you are using the EDU version you cannot (and should not by license agreement) share info with the "Pro" version.
The question is if you are using Modules for your EDU projects and if the AC (EDU version) cannot read them because the extension is MDE instead of MOD. If this is the case then, besides that being a BUG of the EDU Version, you should use regular PLN's as Module files instead. With this you should be able to keep everything working smoothly.
I don't have my EDU version installed right now so I cannot verify that I am correct.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

stefan
Expert
IIRC, the EDU version can only hotlink EDU module files. You cannot mix and match commercial PLN files or MOD files with regular ones, although you should be able to import them and save them as EDU format (not the other way around).
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Learn and get certified!