BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

mesh tool for importing topogaphy

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I looked through several tutorials on the web I found how I can import a topogaphic dwg for site plan. But Actually something does not working for me.
I can use the magic wand but it doesn't ask me about "new mesh point" so that I can get the shape(from the lines) but it is a separate mesh from the original mesh. And I would like to make a normal terrain not a levelled one from separate meshes. Any suggestion?

The topogaphic lines should be polilines or splines in autocad?
Thanks for all!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you are trying to add new points to a mesh, check that you have the polygon method selected (rather than the rectangular or rotated rectangular method); this should bring up the new mesh points dialog box.

actually, having just checked in AC13, this is how it works for adding individual points; using the magic wand, it doesn't seem to matter which geometry method is selected - just ensure the target mesh is selected and that you have the mesh tool selected when you apply the magic wand to the spline/contour.

you don't mention which version of AC you are using; it's a good idea to add your software and hardware specs to your signature (in your profile) as sometimes things change between releases.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It sounds as thought the mesh itself is not selected on the floor plan.

That has to be selected before you can enter contours into it.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks! I figured it out.
Yes geomerty mode doesn't matter. And not just mesh has to be selected even I have to click on the button "mesh tool" on the Toolbox. That was my mistake.
Learn and get certified!