Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

metal windows with different sizes

dhnguyen
Contributor
I'm having a really tough time trying to find a standard window in ArchiCAD where I can change the size of the window so that one unit is smaller or bigger than the other.
Which specific window object do you use and where do you go to change the width size so that they look like what I'm showing in the 2 photos? These are two different window types. I am only concerned about the vertical mullions, not the horizontal mullions.
Thanks
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
If you can't do this with standard objects (I would not be surprised if you can't - but I don't use the standard GS library), then you will need to look at 3rd party windows.
The problem with that is your signature shows version 19, so you may not be able to find 3rd party addons now for that version and usually these addons will cost $$.

You will probably be better of just creating a custom window yourself (unless you need many different windows).

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/88767/#XREF_93670_Saving_Rectangular

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
If it is just the verticals, you could use the Horizontal Multi-Sash Window with asymmetric panes if you need a continuous variable stretch of windows, available in INT and AUS. Do not think it was available in US given their timber / metal window breakdown...

The asymmetric option is also available on many of the other Basic Windows in INT and AUS.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
You can use the "ganging checkbox" with two different width windows.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
dhnguyen
Contributor
thank you for your responses. I figured out another way, it is not ideal, but it works for now. I used the "storefront window". Under All Parameter>Panels> change the panel number here.
Then in the floor plan, I get this purple dot that shows up between each mullion, I simply drag the mullion to the desired sizes I want. It's not ideal, but it works for now.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)