Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

missing library parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
i opened a template ( previous drawing) and this 'missing library parts' shows up and so i reloaded and still it appears.

then i opened a new file and this shows .

please help...
8 REPLIES 8
Dwight
Newcomer
some texture image files are missing from the loaded library folders - you can open that notice to get the list of files.

Using my mother's approach when I lost my socks:
"Where did you put them?"
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks dwight....

i've removed that image/texture . the sub file is 'tiles'. and so, do i hvae to create another one to replace? i don't understand.i've seen every of the image files in the Texture folder and they are seemed good. So, is it that one of the material still has that link and can't find it becasue I removed it?
Dwight
Newcomer
an object or material definition will be calling for that image file.

When the library loads - which is why it takes so long - it evaluates all the objects and links to make a directory and lets you know when something is not where it should be.

There's no problem until you try and use a material that needs that texture image.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
A legitimate afterthought - not a double posting - is that you should locate and restore those files and not mess with the library in the future - always make new folders and sub-libraries for new information.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Dwight wrote:
A legitimate afterthought - not a double posting...
Hmm. Looks like a double posting! 😉 There is the "Edit" button next to each message to allow corrections and afterthoughts, right? 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Well, it takes some determination to reach more than 600 postings 😉
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Dwight
Newcomer
Karl is right. I admit it. Once I got close to 500, it became an addiction.

But there is still another house to get and I am greedy.
"Senior Member..."

Why don't I get a life!?

Truth be told, this is a successful but enormously stressful time for me and I can only feel like life is in control if I actually can prove that I know something since everything else I have to make up from scratch.

Contrite.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Thomas wrote:
Well, it takes some determination to reach more than 600 postings 😉
Yep.

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen