BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

modeling footing and having them show up in sections & p

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on a house that has concrete slabs and concrete footings. Currently I show the footings in the plan and section by drawing them in with the line tool. I'm wondering if there is a way to model footings so that they show up in the sections as an integral part of the floor slab and as dashed lines in on the plans.

IT would be great if there is a way to model the footings this way in ArchiCAD.

Can anybody tell me how to model concrete footings so that they show up in the sections and on the footings.

Thank you,
John
8 REPLIES 8
Aussie John
Newcomer
you could make a library part using "prism_ " rotate it 90 and Bob's your Uncle
So long as the top of the library part is in alignment to the base of the slab then they will appear to join
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
John,

use the roof tool (no pitch), make sure to use the same section fill settings as for the slab, then click on the interior edge of the footing, select roof edge angle in the pet palette and type in the angle you want in the custom box.

Cheers

Francois
gpowless
Advocate
The beauty of using the roof tool is when you encounter a stepped footing you simply elevate a section and then trim the wall to roof using the bottom radio button in the dialog.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
KeesW
Advocate
I'd also like to try Francois' roof method - but can't find how to set a custom roof angle with a simple roof! Any tips wouls be appreciated.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
The roof angle is displayed in both the info palette and settings dialog.

You might want to consider using SEOs with slabs or walls as the footings. This way the operations are maintained even if the footings or foundation walls are moved.
Djordje
Ace
johncassel wrote:
IT would be great if there is a way to model the footings this way in ArchiCAD.

Can anybody tell me how to model concrete footings so that they show up in the sections and on the footings.
If the footing is flat (no stepping) you can use Profiler.

Otherwise, use the roof method.

For the roof edge angle, select and activate tool, keep left mouse button pressed on the edge you want to edit, choose the edge angle tool form the pet palette. Can do it in the plan or 3D window (better, you see what is happening!) See attached!

HTH,
Roof Edge Angle.jpg
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
KeesW
Advocate
I know where to find roof angles etc. We are, however, talking about custom roof EDGE angles. My manual (p93) says that this option is dimmed unless eave or rake has been set to custom angle. Francois has just told us to make the roof flat - ie no angle. How can I then make this option available? Probably something so basic that I'll feel stupid after someone tells but please humour me.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I don't know what the manual is talking about (surprise surprise ). Simply click on the roof edge that you want to change, while in the roof tool, and you can make it whatever you want.

Watch the 'Apply on all edges' checkbox - you can check it on and all (& only) the 'hole' edges will be modified.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!