BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

mods coming with all layers on

David Bearss
Booster
I am combining several apartment buildings into a plan to generate renderings. Am bringing the building in ad modules. I dont use mods alot bur am finding that the mod comes into the project with all layers on and all elements on them. They are not on when I created the mod.The save options for modules has "break displayed elements of other stories" greyed out when "all stories" is selected.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
FILE menu > SAVE AS > .MOD will save everything in the file including everything in hidden layers.

FILE menu > EXTERNAL CONTENT > SAVE SELECTION AS MODULE will save only what you have selected in plan.

Either way though you should have full control of the layers in your master file.
You should be able to turn of the layers you don't want.
Just don't turn off the layer that you placed the module in when you placed it as the entire module will turn off regardless if the other layers are on or off.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You can also use Publisher to publish views as module files. That way the layer combination of the view defines what is included in the module file, even if that layer combo is created specifically for the purpose of publishing modules!

Cheers,
Link.
David Bearss
Booster
The more I work with this the more I am seeing the aspects of mods. Thanks for your responses. I will experiment with the publisher technique.
David Bearss
Archicad 18/Windows 11
Alienware 17 R5
i7 2.4 GHz / 16 GB ram
Learn and get certified!