Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

modules in v24 vs v25

lmcardoso
Booster

Hi,

I just noticed the when i save a module in V25 the file is 3x bigger than when i save the exact same stuff in v24.

Is this a bug, or what?

Thanks in advance

ArchiCAD 23/24/25 with Win 10
7 REPLIES 7
Lukas Zeleny
Enthusiast

Hi, in AC 25 there is a difference in the way how .mod file is saved when you use "File/Save as" or if you use Publisher sets. In first case it saves also hiden layers and in second one it saves only visible layers. May be this is the case but I have not tested it in AC24.

Other explanation can be that it was saved with different settings in .mod save options.

LukasZeleny_0-1638914775124.png

BIM Manager at SIEBERT+TALAŠ
www.sieberttalas.com
lmcardoso
Booster

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your input but if i save the same module with publish or with the save as module they are still 3x bigger.

Anyone else noticed this?

Are you using the latest update for 25 - build 4013?

There is a bug with the first release where the PLN becomes much bigger in size (much more than 3x).

I have no idea if that is the case - just wanted to check you are using the latest update.

If I get time later I will try to test.

Also you may want to adjust your signature to include 25.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for your input Barry and the comment about the signature. 😉

I am using the lastest version though:

lmcardoso_0-1639126931098.png

Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

From my knowledge, the module file size increase may happen is due to the Classification items in the MOD file. For example, if you create an expression, and assign all Classifications to it, the file size will increase due to the exported classifications.

It can be verified in the Classification Manager. Could you please let me know if this is the case?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

lmcardoso
Booster

Dear Minh,

Thanks for your comment but that is not the case. The classifications are the same in both versions

Hello,

Thank you very much for the confirmation!

If that's the case, would it be possible for you to share the original PLN (from both AC24 and 25) with us for in-house testing? If yes, please let me know if you will need a secure place to upload the file(s).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT