Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

morph extrusion along a find curve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
For making an curved beam with (1) a complex profil and (2) in the mean time along a curve,
Now I only find morph tool can extrude along direction perpendicular to the face, or along a multiple straght lines section by sections (then modfy the points wihch cannot match the exact designed curve)

Any Advice please, (eg pick the 3D curve then generate the extrusion)
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Given you can use segmented beams, you are on AC23+, so why not just use the curved beam option? And if you need a flat section, then you just need to have a flat segment in the middle.

In regards to extruding morphs along a curve, it can be done, though the snaps make it very difficult. You need to draw a 3D polyline for your path and make a temporary box as a reference plane perpendicular to your extrusion path.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
PS I had tried beam tool with many many sections then adjust the 4 points at the end to match the sections add the other end, but still not match perfectly....
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
Given you can use segmented beams, you are on AC23+, so why not just use the curved beam option? And if you need a flat section, then you just need to have a flat segment in the middle.

In regards to extruding morphs along a curve, it can be done, though the snaps make it very difficult. You need to draw a 3D polyline for your path and make a temporary box as a reference plane perpendicular to your extrusion path.

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Lingwisyer,
Does "curve beam" means the attached photo? This curve is a perfect circu right? the curve in my works is a lsort of like bezier curve...

I am now cutting the beam into 20 slices then crate 20 profiles, because each slice has various shapes a

yes I tried (AC24) morph tool point by point along a curvem and uite hard and not match acurrately.

Thanks Ling
Lingwisyer
Guru
The Morphs are the columns, and yeah, they are simpler than yours being a vertical, a curve of known radius, then another straight. Done in AC21. I do not recall if it was tracing the polyline or a guide generated from the polyline.

Ling.