BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

moving toolbars on screen

Tom Krowka
Booster
in V20, Am trying to set up workspace to duplicate V19. Have duplicated my toolbars, but am having a problem moving the toolbars around the screen. Can't seem to be able to grab them, although I can stretch them. Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is that little thin horizontal line at the top of docked Palettes/Toolbars, or a vertical line at their far left. You have to drag them by that to move them.
It is harder to do than in previous versions.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The thing that bugs me is I can't get the Navigator palette to dock the way it used to. I have always had the Info palette vertical on the left hand side, with the Navigator docked under it, each taking about half the screen height. If I needed to get to items on the Info palette I could simply scroll down. With the Navigator in the same position (see image) but not docked it covers some of the Info palette, so scrolling does not go far enough to expose the bottom of the info. And I can't seem to stretch the bottom of the Info palette when it is docked on the left to allow the Navigator to sit below it.

Also, when I drag the Navigator palette around the screen and let it go it does not drop exactly where the ghost image is - see on the image below how it is a few pixels to the right of the screen edge, when I dropped it exactly at the edge.

Is there a solution please?
Navigator.JPG
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Strange, I do not have any of these issues on AC20 on Windows. I can dock the Navigator under the Info Box. If I click on either of them, I can scroll them using the mouse's scroll wheel. I can even stretch them horizontally so the vertical scroll bars appear on them. Then they can be scrolled by dragging the scroll bar as well.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally worked it out. I had to drag the Navigator palette to the bottom edge of the Info palette, then it docked correctly. D'oh Thanks for the inspiration Laszlo
KeesW
Advocate
Can you duplicate the Navigator's AC19 line spacing? AC20 has very inefficient text with much more space between lines than necessary. Therefore, the Navigator box needs to be longer to get everything in. I wish there was an option to revert to AC19 layouts and controls.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Learn and get certified!