Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

negative input for X/Y Coordinate when moving an object.

Hello,

When I want to move an object by a dimension, I'll select the object and move in the direction I want to relocate it. When the coordinate palette shows up, I use to input the value I want to move the object in the direction I initially moved the object. NOW, I will select the object and move in the direction I wish to relocate. When the coordinate palette shows up, I'll type in the distance i want to move the object, BUT if I don't put a negative value in, it will move in the opposite direct. Is there a setting that got changed I don't know about? 

Thank you.

Archicad 25.4013

Windows 11

AMD CPU

NVIDIA 3080 GPU

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Start to drag your element, right mouse click and choose 'Prefer Polar Co-ordinates in Tracker'

That will use Distance & Angle - Distance does not require positive and negative input.

You probably have the tracker set for 'X & Y Co-ordinated' which does require positive and negative input.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

To add to Barry's point:

The "Prefer polar coordinates in Tracker during straight vector input" checkbox is found also in the Work Environment Dialog. So if it is not set properly, you might want to go to the Work Environment Dialog, change its value (make sure it is enabled) and save changes to the User Preference Scheme so it will not switch back again when applying a Work Environment Profile in the future.

WE-PreferPolarCoordinates.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

Start to drag your element, right mouse click and choose 'Prefer Polar Co-ordinates in Tracker'

That will use Distance & Angle - Distance does not require positive and negative input.

You probably have the tracker set for 'X & Y Co-ordinated' which does require positive and negative input.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

To add to Barry's point:

The "Prefer polar coordinates in Tracker during straight vector input" checkbox is found also in the Work Environment Dialog. So if it is not set properly, you might want to go to the Work Environment Dialog, change its value (make sure it is enabled) and save changes to the User Preference Scheme so it will not switch back again when applying a Work Environment Profile in the future.

WE-PreferPolarCoordinates.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27