Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

new archiguide

aahatimo
Newcomer
Djordje wrote:

If you missed the announcement in Tips&Tricks - the ArchiGuide is revamped as of today, take a look!
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/

the new archiguide is so much better!
just a minor point, there is no difference between the 'problems categorized by archicad versions', ac 8 & ac 8.1. i think specific ac8.1 topics should be listed since it is a new release. beisdes that minor glitch it is well organized.
thanks again gs!
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
15 REPLIES 15
Karl Ottenstein
Well, it will be so much better...

Right now, the wrong information (well, too much information) is being retrieved when you click on a link. For example, clicking on DXF/DWG or Hardward Protection returns dozens of articles having nothing to do with either. You may notice when retrieving 8.1 topics that there are a bunch of 7.0 topics in there, too...

As this new system went 'live' on a Budapest Friday afternoon, I imagine we will not see things fixed until next week.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Everyone should make it a point to visit ArchiGuide at least twice a week.

Not only has GS fixed the glitches above ... but new articles are being posted almost daily with great tips and bug workarounds.

I especially like that the most recent articles have links at the top of the main ArchiGuide page - making it easy to see what's new, if you visit often enough.

Great resource.

Karl

P.S. You may need to hit the 'refresh' button on your web browser to get the latest updated links to show if you visit frequently.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
aahatimo
Newcomer
Karl wrote:
Not only has GS fixed the glitches above ...
Karl
karl,
i agree gs has done a great job getting archiguide tweaked.
imho, the 8.1 link should just show 8.1 articles. title could be issues related to 8.1 forward. 8.1 is not a minor release, info directly related to it would be of the greatest value to me. breaking out pm 3.0 & pm 3.1 direct topics would be great also.
tim hanagan
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
Karl Ottenstein
Four new articles with tips/workarounds posted today.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:

Karl, you can also create a "watcher" that will tell you when the pages change... http://www.watchthatpage.com sends me an email when there is something changed on the main archiguide page
aahatimo
Newcomer
archiguide is getting better & better.
this one explains reasons for ac slowing down. great for a newbie like me.
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/archiguide/Howtoworkfaster.html
tim hanagan
Karl Ottenstein
Geoffroy wrote:
Karl, you can also create a "watcher" that will tell you when the pages change... http://www.watchthatpage.com sends me an email when there is something changed on the main archiguide page
Cool idea ... but do they pass your email address on to spammers? Maybe instead we can ask GS to post a message here whenever something is new?

Karl
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Cool idea ... but do they pass your email address on to spammers?

I've been using their service for a long time, and I hadn't any spam increase at that time...
Karl wrote:
Maybe instead we can ask GS to post a message here whenever something is new?

A new forum called "Archiguide" with New tips upload logging would be great...
Djordje
Ace
Geoffroy wrote:
A new forum called "Archiguide" with New tips upload logging would be great...
Look to the top left of the screen, below the Graphisoft logo.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!