BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

object saving problem in embedded library

ashwanikumarshukla
Participant
I am unable to save cabinet door as an object. after save error message is coming. Please see attached image. and i can't find that object in library. please help for solution.

Will anyone help me creation of kitchen cabinet as an object? Suggestion will be appreciated.
Ashwani Kumar Shukla

Archicad 12-26, 64gb ram, window 10
14 REPLIES 14
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
That is not an error message, just an information prompt telling you the object was saved in embedded library.

These are custom panels you can use for some of the kitchen library parts. You will have to choose custom panel and you should see a list of the ones you've saved to embedded library there.

If you've modelled the entire kitchen part as object, you should just save it as an object, not a kitchen cabinet door.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
ashwanikumarshukla
Participant
Erwin wrote:
That is not an error message, just an information prompt telling you the object was saved in embedded library.

These are custom panels you can use for some of the kitchen library parts. You will have to choose custom panel and you should see a list of the ones you've saved to embedded library there.

If you've modelled the entire kitchen part as object, you should just save it as an object, not a kitchen cabinet door.
No, before save as an object for cabinet, i am trying to put cabinet door in plan. But can't succeed. Would you help me in creation of cabinet door? Bcoz after saving as cabinet door, i can't found the in Embedded library. That folder is showing blank.
Ashwani Kumar Shukla

Archicad 12-26, 64gb ram, window 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
This is where they show up. They are not objects you place in floor plan.

Excuse the Dutch, but I do not have INT library to show English, still the pictures used by UI should be the same.
custom-.jpg
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Roopa A
Contributor
I created object using morph and object which is downloaded from archibase. And I am trying to save the file,
it is saving. But when I open it in other file its not coming. only 2D symbol is there.

In is showing as Invalid 3D symbol, Open the library part for editing and check its 3D script for errors.

I checked in this also.. I'm not getting were is the problem.
What is the issue??

Thank you,

Roopa A
Roopa A S
Lingwisyer
Guru
Roopa wrote:
created object using morph and object which is downloaded from archibase

Not sure how that workflow works, but might it be saving the ArchiBase object as a Call within your end object? If that is the case, you will also need to load that object into your other project.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Roopa A
Contributor
Its working.

Last time I tried saving it from 3d view as top view. and when I open it in other AC file., it showed Invalid 3D symbol, Open the library part for editing and check its 3D script for errors.

Now I saved it from 3d as side view, its working fine.
Roopa A S
Roopa A
Contributor
The object which I saved as object(.gsm) file, it is opening in one file, but when I try to open that in other main file where I want this object, It;s not coming, it's showing as invalid 3D symbol, open the library part for editing and check its 3D script for errors.

Why it is showing this??

Last time I saved the same file and it opened fine. But when I done the changes and saved the same file, its not opening. Its showing the error.

Where I went wrong?

Please help me out in this..

Thank you,

Roopa A
Roopa A S
Barry Kelly
Roopa wrote:
The object which I saved as object(.gsm) file, it is opening in one file, but when I try to open that in other main file where I want this object, It;s not coming, it's showing as invalid 3D symbol, open the library part for editing and check its 3D script for errors.

Why it is showing this??

Are there any CALL commands where it is calling in another GDL file?
If so then you need to load all of these files in a library used by your new file (i.e. the embedded library or some other 'loaded' library).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Roopa A
Contributor
This is model I want. Which is created using 3 objects.
I loaded that object in new file, still it is not showing 3d.

It is showing this error.

I have loaded the image.

Please help me.
Roopa A S
Learn and get certified!