Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

open web trusses

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Not sure where to post what these days.... but I'm looking for a parametric OPEN WEB TRUSS object. The kind with the WOOD TOP and BOTTOM chords and steel tube webbing...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Not sure if this is exactly what you are after, but have you tried the 'Metal Web Joist' object?

Otherwise I am sure you are aware of the 'Trussmaker add-on (not parametric).

Barry
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Thanks Barry...
I did see that one... Can't quite get what I want out of it...
I did however, dust off the old TRUSSMAKER... I like it... but wish that it could support different shapes and materials for the CHORDS and the WEBBING... I just did them all as SQUARE TUBE and made the webbing THINNER... Looks great in SECTION (don't miss that the webs aren't circular)... and it passes the squint test in 3d...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

DGSketcher
Legend
I make my trusses using complex profiles these days and add them into the model as short beams. If you need different section profiles you could merge two or more beams. Or you could form them properly with beams and save as a module (HLM). If only we had an in place editor...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
This does sound like something you could achieve with Param-O.

I've yet to sink my teeth in to that, but I've seen some clips from our reseller on LinkedIn that look quite promising!

Another option that sometimes works is Curtain Wall tool.

I had to make a space frame for an existing (renovation) building a while back and I was able to combine the simple 3D form objects into a module and copy these around.

And finally 'just' regular GDL if you are any good with it.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
DGSketcher wrote:
I make my trusses using complex profiles these days and add them into the model as short beams. If you need different section profiles you could merge two or more beams. Or you could form them properly with beams and save as a module (HLM). If only we had an in place editor...
Same here... but my PROFILE EDITOR gets really LONG... wish we could FOLDERIZE / ORGANIZE that list!...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
One of the largest drawbacks in using TRUSSMAKER is that because everything is defined by CENTERLINE, the resulting object has no NODES at corners.. This makes placement more difficult. Pretty much have to use sections to get proper placement..

FWIW...
Duane

Visual Frontiers