Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

pdf

Apostolos14
Booster

good morning to all!
could i insert a sub-scale drawing in pdf format as a trace and draw my floor plan? can i catch points from pdf?

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Yes.

The quick way to do it is to choose the view to which you want to insert the drawing > set the scale to the same as pdf drawing > drag the pdf file into the view > right-click the drawing object > explode into current view.

This results in the PDF vectors being converted to AC lines to which you can snap.

To be precise, no, the pdf has nothing in it you can snap to.  But yes, like thesleepofreason has said it.   However, - if you explode the .pdf and it is not the scale you wanted, you can select all of it and resize it the same way you can resize a 2d image to a known scale.   Sometimes the .pdf is generated as print-to-fit and might be some very odd scale.  

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Tim Ball
Expert

If you drop the PDF into a worksheet at the right scale, you can trace reference that worksheet and draw on top.

If the PDF is a vector type, you can explode it and use the snap points. However if it’s a raster PDF you can't explode it

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5