Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

problem: morph lines not showing | waffle slab | rib + coffered + caisson | smart way to waffle slab

aryastark
Enthusiast
valar morghulis,

i convert this object to the morph.

but i want it to appear that hidden lines as when it was an object.

there should be hidden lines in the morph.
how can we achieve this?
Ver: AC23
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend
I am guessing this isn't a one time project? If you are going to be repeating this process the curtain wall tool may be your new best friend. You may need to invest some time in it but it could be worth it once set up how you want it.

I have attached a module file which you can place as a Hotlink module and then embed to see what's going on. Hope it helps.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Hello aryastark,

Did you add this script into your object 2D script after deleting the script automatically generated by Archicad ?
Project2 3,270,2
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Lingwisyer
Guru
As far as I know, in a Morph, you cannot. There is no control of 2D Linetypes as you just see a Projection or Cut of the said Morph. There is no Symbolic representation.

For what reason are you needing to explode the object to a morph?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
aryastark
Enthusiast
Christophe wrote:
Hello aryastark,

Did you add this script into your object 2D script after deleting the script automatically generated by Archicad ?
Project2 3,270,2
valar morghulis Christophe Fortineau,

no, i didn't.
um, and how can i add that script into that objects 2D script? and what it that for?
aryastark
Enthusiast
Lingwisyer wrote:
As far as I know, in a Morph, you cannot. There is no control of 2D Linetypes as you just see a Projection or Cut of the said Morph. There is no Symbolic representation.

For what reason are you needing to explode the object to a morph?

Ling.
trying to do waffle slab with "precast double tee" object. but after placement it must be split with line and spline. due to being an object, it doesnot split flexibly, even cutting is not allowed at all.
so after it multiplied several times horizontal and vertical, the whole objects stack mass should be split at the same time. that's why it should be morph.
... what it that for?
I guess I did not really understand your aim.
To do a "precast double tee" you should try to do beams with your own profil.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
aryastark
Enthusiast
Christophe wrote:
... what it that for?
I guess I did not really understand your aim.
To do a "precast double tee" you should try to do beams with your own profil.
thanks, but...

DGSketcher
Legend
I think your answer lies with a slab and form the waffle grid with complex profile beams. If you use the same material they should all merge. The next bit to fix this is to look at your Model View Options (MVO) where you can control the appearance of the beams below the slab. You can also hide the blue axis line highlighted in your image in the MVO settings.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
aryastark
Enthusiast
DGSketcher wrote:
I think your answer lies with a slab and form the waffle grid with complex profile beams. If you use the same material they should all merge. The next bit to fix this is to look at your Model View Options (MVO) where you can control the appearance of the beams below the slab. You can also hide the blue axis line highlighted in your image in the MVO settings.
thanks, i can't understand how can we create waffle slab with complex profile beams.
because waffle rib slab is not constant with it's section.
complex profile creates from section but waffle slab has voids and occupancies while going along the z axis.
so we can not draw it from section(with complex profile).

archicad team should make waffle tool indeed like this-> http://www.kilobim.com/laje-nervurada-archicad/

look at this man-> https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=50042
look his devious and indirect and tiring and funny and joking and boring and fixed and unchangeable way to do waffle slab.
He is struggling, he is in pain.
i will not do this with that excessively long methods. it is laborious.
for 2 days i couldn't find single smart way to build waffle slab.
there should be something. something...

i will find it, and share with you. stay on hold...

ps: these methods are garbage too. -> https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=156747#p156747
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend
I am guessing this isn't a one time project? If you are going to be repeating this process the curtain wall tool may be your new best friend. You may need to invest some time in it but it could be worth it once set up how you want it.

I have attached a module file which you can place as a Hotlink module and then embed to see what's going on. Hope it helps.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!