Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

problems with Materials

Paopao
Booster
After I have added Bim objects to the library and my sections turn out weird: I get the material where it shouldn't be. I have tried to modify the slab materials again but it doesn't change. The only solution s to eliminate the BIM object from the library. Is there a way around it, as I need the new library of materials in the BIM.

As you can see from the file, the section now is totally "marbled"....

Thanks
Pao

Section1.jpg
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
It isn't the surface material of the slab you need to change it is the building material.
Check the building material and I think you will find you are using marble.

If you want a uniform cut material rather than the element's own material then you can go into the 'Filter and Cut Elements in 3D' (CTRL+ALT+A on Windows) and you can set a custom cut surface.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Paopao
Booster
Thanks but the marble that appears in the pic isn't used in this project at all. It appeared after I installed the BIM object, now I have deleted it from the library and it is back to normal, so there was definitely something weird with the BIM Object.
AC26 EDU • WIN 10 • Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz• 32G RAM• NVidia GForce GTX 1080
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi paopao,

is this BIM object related to BIMObject.com objects or BIMObject.com API? If yes which one?