Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

problems with doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been having a couple of problems with doors today. The dorrs are from the ArchiCAD 8 library.
1) The first part of the problem is when I try to eyedropper an existing door. When I eyedropper a door ArchiCAD locks up.
Sometimes the ArchiCAD unlocks on its own. Sometimes I need to reboot as ArchiCAD cannot be closed from TaskManager or any other way. This also sometimes happens when I try to drag of otherwise alter a door. This problem is reoccurring and has been plauging the program since I installed version 8.
2) Today a new problem has occurred. When I opened this project today all of the doors were there but none of the trim was showing. I had spent a lot of time turning on and sizing the trim on friday. Today, monday, the trim does not show up.

Can anybody tell me what is causing these problems? What can I do to keep this from happening?

Thank you,
John
11 REPLIES 11
Tom Krowka
Booster
I've had the same frustrating problem. Apparently, this is a known bug. Following is reply from tech support:

"The effects you reported is related to a big bug GSBT #515 "Doors not
displaying correct Door Panel in 3D"

Fortunately, we have news on its fix: "GSBUD: 1/8/2004 8:26 AM "to be
fixed in [a future release]"

My question is how future is the release.

Tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Encountered that just today in v8.1. Discovered by accident that if you select the door in elevation, haven't tried in 3D window, then open the Door Selection Menu and click Ok to close it the door panel will appear. A workaround, but it was repeatable.
Tom wrote:
I've had the same frustrating problem. Apparently, this is a known bug. Following is reply from tech support:

"The effects you reported is related to a big bug GSBT #515 "Doors not
displaying correct Door Panel in 3D"

Fortunately, we have news on its fix: "GSBUD: 1/8/2004 8:26 AM "to be
fixed in [a future release]"

My question is how future is the release.

Tom