Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

"Projected" floor plan display not working properly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have a wall using the "Projected" floor plan display, because I need it to be shown as Cut on one story, and shown just as outlines on a higher story. The higher story's floor plan cut plane height (4') is higher than the top of my wall, yet the wall is still showing as Cut on the upper story. Anyone know what the deal is?

2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think you are not watching the Wall on the 5. Story because with these settings it will not be displayed on the 5. Story.
And on the 4. Story the Projected setting correctly displays the Wall as cut, because it is cut at the Floor Plan Cut Plane.
What happens here is that a Story is relevant to a Wall only if the Wall top is situated within the vertical range of the Story. If the top of the Wall is at the Story Level of the 5. Story, then the 5. Story does not count as a relevant Story for the Wall.

If you want the Wall to be visible as outlines on 5. Story, make it so its top is a tiny distance above the Story Level of the 5. Story, such as 0.1 mm. That way the top of the Wall will be situated within the vertical range of the Story, but only by a very small amount so it will be displayed on the 5. Story.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lingwisyer
Guru
LaszloNagy wrote:
What happens here is that a Story is relevant to a Wall only if the Wall top is situated within the vertical range of the Story.

By default. Can be changed my modifying the Relative Floor Plan Range in the Floor Plan Cut Plane Settings.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660