BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

"Report", how do I disable?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just switched to Archicad 17 today and everything is up to date. I have used many versions in the past.

I just started a new 3d model. Every time I do anything in 3d it wants to give me a report. How do I disable this? I know it is just a matter of closing the window or clicking in a new place, but it just takes unnecessary time.

In the past I have always seen this when I go from a 2D view to a 3D. It shows you the time to process the view. However, I am just changing the material of an object. It isn't like I am doing massive changes and I literally just started this model; it has 3 pieces.

Any help would be great.

Capture.JPG
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone help me with this? I tried reinstalling and this hasn't helped. I also am having problems in 3D in general. Doors don't want to attach to the correct wall, when I try to "drag multiple copies" it only seems to want to allow a few and then it doesn't work.

These are all basic things, nothing too complex that have always worked before...
Try going to your Work Environment>Imaging and Calculation, and unchecking Write Report.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for responding. I unchecked but now it says that "errors occurred during the last operation."

I think it has something to do with the windows (because this model is as simple as you can get). I just have a wall and a window. The windows are what came with A17. I am using a wood sliding window.

I went through and loaded all of the mitigation libraries to see if there was an issue there, but no window, regardless of what is is (except for openings works). I can see the window in the 3D view but it gives me about 5 errors in a row. If a window is present and I try to edit the wall or anything else (like height) I keep getting errors.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay... so I went into windows and the ones in the "built-in libraries" don't give me an error. Is there any reason that everything in the "linked libraries" do give me an error?
Well, you could set the report to "Full" and find out what the error message says.
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
Again, thanks for helping me with this.

The following is the full error when I try to place one of the windows from the linked libraries. Yesterday I did uninstall A16 and install A17 so I don't understand why windows would be missing. Further, they visibly show but I still get the error over and over again.
The error report shows that you are missing a fill that is being called by the window macro. If you can open the window part and find out what the fill name is, perhaps you can just add that fill (using Attribute Manager) to your current plan from a past project or newer template. If you are using an AC17 wall, and an AC17 window along with the AC17 template, this may be a bug. However, if you are using an older plan file to start with, it may not have all the fills that the AC17 parts are looking for.
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was it, thanks.
Learn and get certified!