BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.
SOLVED!

"Rhino is not found" install error

furtonb
Advisor
Hi,

Title says it:

macOS 10.13. (MAS release, due to GPU driver issues), AC22 INT 4023, Rhino 5.5.2.

The GS website specifically says, that only Rhino5 is supported, the WIP isn't, I've deleted the WIP just to see if it interfered, but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

If you are still having this issue, then make sure that you have run both Rhino and Grasshopper at least once (create something and save in both to make sure it registers) before you try installing the Add-on again. If that doesn't help, then please send me your installer logs (in a Private message) so that we can inspect them and see what might go wrong.

Regards,

PS. Sorry about the late answer. If you need instant help, please contact your local support instead, as they should be able to help you out promptly!
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
furtonb
Advisor
Anyone?
I've tried reinstalling Rhino and ARCHICAD as well, no luck. The OS is a clean install too.
odv.hu | actively using: AC25-27 INT | Rhino6-8 | macOS @ apple silicon / win10 x64
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

If you are still having this issue, then make sure that you have run both Rhino and Grasshopper at least once (create something and save in both to make sure it registers) before you try installing the Add-on again. If that doesn't help, then please send me your installer logs (in a Private message) so that we can inspect them and see what might go wrong.

Regards,

PS. Sorry about the late answer. If you need instant help, please contact your local support instead, as they should be able to help you out promptly!
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

furtonb
Advisor
Hi,

I've contacted my reseller as well, and they sent the reports to GSHQ.
At some point it resolved itself - perhaps it was related to working in Rhino, I don't know.

Thanks!
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Everyone,

I have just seen this happen on someone else's MacBook, so we managed to track it down!

Regardless of where (and by what name) an application is installed, the installed apps are indexed by macOS so they could be found - this is what the installer checks to determine whether Rhino is installed. This indexing is done through Spotlight (it is a feature of macOS).

The issue is that if this index is damaged, or spotlight indexing is disabled, then this won't work. You have to restore the Spotlight index first, and then try installing again.

Here's how to rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac.
And you can find how to enable/disable Spotlight Indexing here.

I hope if someone runs into this issue in the future, this will help!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!