Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

"Save Anyway"? When creating a PLA file

rob2218
Enthusiast
not sure why this even exists but.....why does it never just save in a PLA "all" the components?
Why are we prompted with this...this...."THIS"?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The point of selecting "Cancel" in this case is to find out which Library Parts are missing those macros, adding those macros to the Libraries, and then when you try to save as PLA again, no such message will appear because ARCHICAD finds all macros need by Library Parts.
If there are missing macros and you save the PLA like that, then later open om in another machine, the Project File may not be displayed properly, since those Library Parts missing those macros may not be displayed properly, or not displayed at all.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
OK...I understand why you "cancel" but you only have two choices..."Cancel", which ends the "SAVEAS" process and "SAVE ANYWAY" which...as you say, may not include the objects macros.

Then that will lead me to the next steps:
1. How do you isolate/find the missing macros so you can make sure they go with the PLA?
2. How do you insert/install the missing macros?

It's never easy is is.
I've tried to tell my clients, create a TW file and we'll avoid all this "missing object, library, stuff" but they wont listen so I have to be the "un-butchering guy" for them.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The macros should come with the complete Library. All macros needed by default ARCHICAD Library Parts are found in the default ARCHICAD Library. Library Parts downloaded from bimcomponents.com also include their macros, you usually have to place their LCF file into the Library.
3rd party Library Parts - that is a good question, they should include their macros as well.

In the Library Manager you should read the Missing Library Parts section because it tells you what is missing from Library Parts to function properly and make sure those file are in the Libraries.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rob2218
Enthusiast
SOooooo....this is all Greek to me.
How in the world am I suppose to track down 100,000 missing library parts to put back in the PLN file of which I have not a clue how to work that process?

Seriously...............?

There has to be a better way of managing parts in this model when transferring PLA's to other parties other than having to track down 100,000 library pieces............HAS to be a better way.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Lingwisyer
Guru
By your image, you are only missing a few textures. The warning is mainly about your duplicates...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
rob2218
Enthusiast
Do you think that these few "textures" could be the cause of Archicad reporting back during the save PLA that "Save Anyway" notification?
Lingwisyer wrote:
By your image, you are only missing a few textures. The warning is mainly about your duplicates...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Lingwisyer
Guru
That would have been my guess, but I just tried to archive a test file with no library warnings and still got that notification... So I am a bit lost there...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
rob2218
Enthusiast
Ugh....
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
runxel
Legend
Lingwisyer wrote:
That would have been my guess, but I just tried to archive a test file with no library warnings and still got that notification... So I am a bit lost there...
Mh, might be due to malformed GDLs?
If you have a script that calls Macros dynamically, they can't be automatically included.

And what happened on opening the .pla anyway?
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»