Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

"Truss Pro 21" Issue

Red
Advocate
There seems to be an issue with "Truss Pro 21" object. As the top chord goes up the slope, on the bottom side, it is getting smaller in depth. Goes from 7.25" to 6.25" Unless I am totally overlooking something, it is early.... See attached image.

1.JPG
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Red,

I am Daniel Kovacs from GRAPHISOFT HQ Technical Support.

I have checked this one out myself, and it seems to be faulty indeed, so I have let the developers know. Thanks for letting us know about this!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Red,

I am Daniel Kovacs from GRAPHISOFT HQ Technical Support.

I have checked this one out myself, and it seems to be faulty indeed, so I have let the developers know. Thanks for letting us know about this!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Red
Advocate
Thank you for taking a look at it.
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Booster
So now it's one year and one version update later and the same problem persists. This is a basic part that should be useable in the construction industry. If you are not going to bother to fix it you should delete the part or at least change the name to truss amateur.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hey Brad,

I talked to the developers, and it seems they have just finished this fix last week (though it still has to pass Quality Control). We plan to fix it in ARCHICAD 22 (fix #234685).

We usually only release library updates once per version (if ever), so I am not sure when the fix will go out though.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Brett Brown
Advocate
Any faith in Graphisoft as a company has diminished even smaller with answers like that and how you treat your users
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Barry Kelly
dkovacs wrote:
We usually only release library updates once per version (if ever), so I am not sure when the fix will go out though.
This is a shame.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but someone only needs to extract the .LCF library, substitute the amended object, and then re-save the .LCF
Then release the .LCF to the public (all after passing Quality Control of course).

Maybe just release the amended objects and the users could do this them selves if they want to.

In my mind, the Master Graphisoft library should always be kept up to date and ready for download.
The library my office uses has only about 70 users, but it is constantly tweaked on a daily basis and synchronised for all users.
I don't use the .LCF format which makes it easier.

I am sure this may get a little more complicated for the Graphisoft library if ever it involves object migration.
But generally it is just fixes for broken objects.

Sorry for the rant.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry,
I like the idea of a Master Library always ready to download.
GS, I'm not sure why there has to be such a long delay with posting revised/fixed library parts. You've got thousands of users as your "quality control" team. Someone who knows what they are doing probably could get a part fixed within the hour of a bug report.

I'm completely at a loss trying to understand what the "official" GS quality control team adds. Most of the really annoying bugs seem to exist without any apparent attempt to have even tried the part out in real world situations or have consistent parts in a family. Take the "Truss Pro 22" part. Unlike some other trusses in the Library, there is no way to control the end type. You get a square cut end and that's it. The part is practically useless as is.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Nuge
Advocate
I totally agree, the library "management" and objects from Graphisoft is poor at best, why can we have a dropbox style library that we "log into" and have the latest updates available, that way the librarys can be continuously updated. and why don't graphisoft have a dedicated team creating "usable" objects that users want based on feedback from the community, Cadimage did this before being swallowed up by central innovation and they produced some great objects.

Its a real shame as Archicads greatest strength & weakness is GDL object creation and with a dedicated team they could really make Archicad something special.
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi All,

Thanks for sharing all your thoughts and ideas! We do realize that currently it proves difficult to quickly release officially fixed and tested library parts on the market. It is very important for us to improve on this and your input is really valuable in the process.

The good news is that we are coming up with a v22 USA Library Update (among other languages) in a few weeks time so this library issue will be fixed with that.

A couple of other things I would like to get back to you on: [list=]
  • We have a GDL Center where the forum is actively being monitored directly by our Library Development team. Feel free to use it for such purposes: https://gdl.graphisoft.com/
  • Our Quality Control team does the best job precisely when you don’t see what they do. This means that they catch all critical bugs that we want to fix before pushing a product out to the market. Besides this we also do involve early adopter users for various preview releases and updates, but we do want to establish a level of reliability before offering a product of ours for use in production environments.
  • Csaba
    Csaba Kézér
    Director, Global Customer Support
    Graphisoft