Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

reveal to wall face option on AC17 doors and windows?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have brought this up before and probably will again until they fix.
Have a door (D1 17) next to a window (W Sliding2 17)
The windows dialog box allows for the reveal to wall face distance to be adjusted (in this case, the 7/8" thk. exterior cement plaster) So, in plan if you are only showing the face of studs the window appears to stick out 1" from the exterior face of the wall.
The door does not allow this, the option is there, but it's greyed out.
Just realized that this problem would probably not exist if skins were being utilized, but didn't have time to use this new feature on this job:-(
Suppose the only way to get it to read correctly now is to put the door on another story and use lines on the plan?

So, guess my question would be, is there a way to enable the reveal to wall face option?
4 REPLIES 4
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Jonathan,

Open the door settings and change the Wall Closure to Custom or Solid. This should allow the reveal to change. I will have the team review the Stud Wall closure to learn the reason it is so rigid and does not allow a reveal.

Please note that when you change the wall closure your door display may change and you may need to adjust the tolerances and possibly other settings depending upon your configuration.
Wall Closure.png
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, It seems to be working.
NCornia wrote:
Jonathan,

Open the door settings and change the Wall Closure to Custom or Solid. This should allow the reveal to change. I will have the team review the Stud Wall closure to learn the reason it is so rigid and does not allow a reveal.

Please note that when you change the wall closure your door display may change and you may need to adjust the tolerances and possibly other settings depending upon your configuration.
Anonymous
Not applicable
NCornia wrote:
Jonathan,

This is not a solution. There are certain options available and not available with each wall closure type. Changing the wall closure eliminates other options that a user may want to utilize, as well as resetting other parameters they may have already set up.

Currently I am working with a similar issue, where for whatever reason, identical windows on the first floor have a greyed out reveal depth of 3 5/8", but the same windows on 2nd, 3rd, 4th floors are flush with the exterior wall face. They are all identical parameters, wall closure "stud wall with siding," and the 1st floor windows are inset in the wall. I have toggled on and off pretty much every other option, and cannot get the reveal to be active and editable.

The answer should not be "undo everything you've done on that particular window a jerry-rig it to work in an isolated instance." If I have 16 windows that are all identical, they should behave exactly the same. Instead, I've got a handful of different looks, with no rhyme or reason as to why they act like they do.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
dweigand,

You should contact your local Tech Support with the file so they can help you.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27