Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

rotate orientation won't save with view

Graham Whipple
Enthusiast
I cannot seem to get the rotated orientation to save with other view settings. The rotated orientation seems to stick as long as I only toggle through plan views, but if I toggle to some other view and then back to the floor plan view the rotated orientation is lost.
Does the rotation not save with the other view settings?

I've rotated my plan to natively be oriented correctly with north, but for page layout and general working drawings I am using a reference north orientation of 32.54 and would like to rotate the plans accordingly for better use of the layout sheets.
Is this not the purpose of rotate orientation?

Graham
Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA
10 REPLIES 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Graham:

In AC 15 (assuming 14 is the same), try setting the View Settings > 2D/3D Documents > Zooming to Current Zoom when the Oriented View (term used in the Help files) is set as desired.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Graham Whipple
Enthusiast
Thanks David! I knew the setting must be there somewhere, but I missed that one apparently.

Graham
Graham Whipple
Resin Architecture

Idaho USA
dhnguyen
Contributor
Hi, I'm looking for this feature in ArchiCAD 24, do you happen to know where it would be?
I'm having the same problem as the person who created the original post--- my saved rotated view does not stay rotated. Thus it looks different in layout view.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
Barry Kelly
dhnguyen wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for this feature in ArchiCAD 24, do you happen to know where it would be?
I'm having the same problem as the person who created the original post--- my saved rotated view does not stay rotated. Thus it looks different in layout view.

It is still in the view settings, down the bottom in the 2D/3D Documents section.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
DNguyen:

You can also use the "Get Current Window's Settings" button at the top of the View Settings dialog box.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
dhnguyen
Contributor
Thanks for both your guidance, really appreciate it. So far it works. I've been struggling with these views in vain and they wouldn't stay rotated. So far it works, thanks.
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)

In Archicad 25 Build 5005. Saved views does not stick once again. With both those options set. As soon as I return the main view to Zero. All set views return to Zero as well! 😞 Any new setting i don't know about?

TJ Admin
Booster

OK, fixed the problem. Apart from the above settings mentioned: Unchecking 'Ignore zoom & rotation when opening this view' fixed it.

Hi, I have a rotated view and it sticks, but the problem is the view isn't rotated on the layout view. Anyone know why? A hidden setting?

Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,