BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

saving screen background color

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry if this is an obvious question, haven't found the answer.

How can i save/make persistent my screen background color (medium gray). I can't see where I can add this to my work environment schemes/profile.

Thanks for any help.
8 REPLIES 8
Erika Epstein
Booster
View> Grid Options> Grids & Backgrounds
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Paul,

This is a per-file setting, not a global (work environment) one, so you cannot make this persistent across projects.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Hi Paul,

This is a per-file setting, not a global (work environment) one, so you cannot make this persistent across projects.

Karl
Ok, thanks for letting me know, sorry to learn (esp because if I save the file with my grid options, the next person to open it has to then change to preferred grid options...), but better to know. Thanks again
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you teamwork the file, then each teammate can have their own unique background color within the same project.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
If you teamwork the file, then each teammate can have their own unique background color within the same project.

Cheers,
Link.
Thank you very much, I didn't know that. I enjoy working in Teamwork (with all its complications - our projects are small, and we are few, hard to justify imposing TW) so I look forward to trying. Regards,

Paul
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
I would also suggest making the background change to your template if you use one. This will start each project with the background color you want.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
MMontgomery wrote:
I would also suggest making the background change to your template if you use one. This will start each project with the background color you want.
Right, thanks, we do use a template, but I don't want to impose my preferred background color on other users. So I guess TW is the best option.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Paul wrote:
Right, thanks, we do use a template, but I don't want to impose my preferred background color on other users. So I guess TW is the best option.
You will need to make sure that your pen colors suit all the prospective background colors and since there's no way to make every color work, you'll need to limit the range of allowable background colors in your office.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!