Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

scheduling Zone Name and Zone Number Windows and Doors

Dave Seabury
Advocate
Updating some windows and doors in our custom Library. I have never been able to figure out how to get these objects to schedule the zone name/number. I have noticed that if the zone boundary completely surrounds the window or door it will schedule, even though I have never scripted and of the hotspots to do this. On the other hand, if only some of the hotspots for the W/D are in the zone, it will not schedule. The AC windows and doors will schedule with out being completely surrounded by the zone, so I am guessing that a single hotspot has to be scripted for this function. Can anyone tell me what the script is or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Dave
AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB
1 REPLY 1
DGSketcher
Legend
Your problem may be down to door orientation. I prepared a door schedule for standard library parts the other day in AC20 and noticed there were blanks in the zone reference. On further investigation I found buried in the properties two more variables which gave opening from & to zone values. I now have these two values listed in my schedule as ground floor outward opening doors were left with no zone value.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)