Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

second floor

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a new user of archiCAD. If I have to draw a high rise building , it will be a waste of time to draw columns and lift pits and stair every time , for every story . how can I copy selected elements to every story ?

thank you in Advance .
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Walls, columns, objects, etc., you can just copy from one storey and paste on another, but you can edit them separately - if you change the ground floor nothing will happen on the second.

If you want them to remain identical then you can look at creating a hotlink module.
You will need to replace the ground floor elements with the module (can be done as you save it as a module - there is an option to do this).
Then place the module on the other storeys as required.
Now when you edit the original module (in a separate Archicad) you can then update the models to reflect the changes.

Stairs are a little special because really you only want them on the lower storey.
There really is nothing on the upper storey (except a hole in the slab).
You can then tell the stair to 'Show on home and one storey up' in the settings.
Of course if you have a 3rd storey then you will need to copy and paste the stair to the second storey as well (or include it in the module).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry , it helps a LOT !!