Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

select middle of slab edge

Strawbale23
Expert

Very basic and I feel I should know the answer but....

When i create a custom object using a  slab I sometimes want to align it with another object by selecting the middle of the side of the slab, how can I do this easily?? whats the trick?

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@Strawbale23 With a SLAB, check the standard snap settings and the midpoint on the slab edge should appear automatically if you hover in the right area. When you are exactly on the snap point your cursor will change to a tick.

With an OBJECT, select and start dragging whatever you want to align. Put your cursor over one end of the slab edge & hit Q, go to the other end & hit Q, you should then see the midpoint between the two markers which you can use to complete the drag.

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 20.57.05.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Could you use special snap to find the mid point by drawing from one end to the other or within the object you create place a hotspot on the centre point which will create a snap point in the object?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@Strawbale23 With a SLAB, check the standard snap settings and the midpoint on the slab edge should appear automatically if you hover in the right area. When you are exactly on the snap point your cursor will change to a tick.

With an OBJECT, select and start dragging whatever you want to align. Put your cursor over one end of the slab edge & hit Q, go to the other end & hit Q, you should then see the midpoint between the two markers which you can use to complete the drag.

Screenshot 2022-04-20 at 20.57.05.png

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Magic! fantastic, thanks. For some reason the snap guides and snap points were off. Now the midpoints are working on slabs and not just lines.

Also your tip about using is Q to create end points is great, thanks.

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/