BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

selections deselect when zooming and panning

heathldesign
Expert
has anyone noticed that when you select objects, then pan or zoom the selected objects deselect? also if i select a window say, then open the settings dialogue goof around in there then click ok, the window will no longer be selected. this is obviously a bug. pain in the patoot. has anyone else noticed this or is it just my issue?
Heath
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru
I have had no issues with this. A Mac thing? Though High Sierra has been out for ages... It would be pretty bad if they have broken something pre-Metal before they have gotten it completely working on Metal... Does it happen on other computers? In other files?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I have never seen such a problem.
  • If you are using a touchpad or a magic mouse, maybe it accidentally registers a click, and so it deselects?
  • Can you try with a different mouse?
  • Does it happen consistently, or every once in a while?
  • Anyhow, if it happens consistently, can you share a video about it?
Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
heathldesign
Expert
Typical. for some reason, i can no longer make it happen. I was an issue that spontaneously happened with windows and doors, and now it doesn't. i have been using a magic mouse for years without issue and had not or have not changed any settings or habits. who nows. if it happens again i'll upload a video.
Thanks
Heath
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Everyone,

I just stumbled upon the same issue on another channel, and found out what causes this!

It looks like there is a bug here, that causes the selections to disappear at zoom and pan, when the Partial Structural Display is set to "Core of Load-Bearing Elements only". If you set it to anything else, it should work just fine.

Once we fix this issue you will find it in the release note as fix #261535. Until then if you experience this, change the Partial Structural Display setting while you manipulate the openings.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!