Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

separator lines between custom profiles with same material

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

This is probably a really simple question, but how can I show lines between two custom profile beams in section? The elements are both the same material, ie steel profiles, and archicad is merging as if they were a single profile. I need to show the separator lines to clearly show the different elements.

Surely there's a simple solution to this other than making all the elements different materials? I'm working in AC19 by the way.

Any help appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
jake_h03 wrote:
Surely there's a simple solution to this other than making all the elements different materials? I'm working in AC19 by the way.

Nope, just duplicate the material and apply the new material to one of the elements.
That way you have exactly the same material but with a slightly different name so you can tell them apart.

I am not sure (without testing) if the layer intersection priority number will have an effect on this too.
I think it should.

Place each element in different layers and ensure each layer has different intersection priority numbers (be sure to set this in all of your layer combinations as well).
Or use just the one layer ans set the IPN to zero - nothing will trim in that layer.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11