BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

settings for wall intersection line display

heathldesign
Expert
It seems to me that there is a lot of stuff in AC22 that requires a lot of re-learning. my composite wall intersections create line issues that change depending on graphic overrides, while in partial structure display which i guess should not be surprising, except that i can't figure out how to override it. this example is standard template in an empty file with stock composites without finishes. with cut fills shown the wall intersections look correct, but when i change the graphic override to hide the fills as we do for construction documents, the intersections don't show the connections correctly. the only time they show correctly is in entire model display. i need to show core elements only for some of my plans and this just is going to cause confusion with the builder. what am i missing here?
H
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru
Looks similar to what is being discussed in thread.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
heathldesign
Expert
yep, but no resolution there. the problem is with the connection of the same walls, on the same layer. as you can see in the screen shot, all the corner connections of the same wall types are wonky. this can't be solved with layer intersection groups. these walls need to be in the same group.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I tested this, and it looks like this connection worked perfectly in ARCHICAD 21, and went wrong with ARCHICAD 22. I added this bug to our to-do list (error #253913). Hopefully we can address this issue quickly.

It looks like this only happens if you have core only, and a Fill Override applied at the same time.
I know it is not a solution, but until the fix you can either have a fill, and disregard the missing parts of the lines, or don't override the fills, and have the lines connect properly.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
heathldesign
Expert
I thought it must be. I hop you get it sorted soon.
Heath
Oalias
Participant

Has there been any resolution on this yet?

I'd like to show core only on my plans, and use a graphic override to hide the fills.  Small gaps are showing at each wall junction, where the finish has been hidden.  Pics attached.  This is not ok!

Entire Model no overrides.pngEntire Model with solid fills graphic override, no skin separators.pngNo finishes Graphic override - gaps!.png

Hi Daniel,

Has there been any resolution on this yet?

I'd like to show core only on my plans, and use a graphic override to hide the fills.  Small gaps are showing at each wall junction, where the finish has been hidden.  

Learn and get certified!