Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

show opening lines in 2D but not 3D

heathldesign
Expert
hey everyone,
can some please tell me how i display opening lines for doors and windows in 2D elevations, but not in the 3D rendering?
MAC Studio 2022 M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 10 cores, AC26 5003 Apple Silicon USA
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
You will need to define 2 MVO's (Model View Options) one for Elevations and Sections (Opening line ON) and another for renderings (Opening line OFF).
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

heathldesign
Expert
i've tried that. i went into the MVO dialog, selected 3D renders and then went all the way down to the bottom under miscellaneous settings for library objects and deselected the "opening line in 3D" for windows doors and SK. made sure my 3D view MOV is set to 3D render and the opening lines are still showing. is there another step?
Barry Kelly
Are the objects set to use the MVO settings?
They can be set to ignore the MVO and use their own settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
heathldesign
Expert
that was it. very counter intuitive and a bit confusing. create MVO for the two options, then set each object opening lines to override MVO or not, and then set the object detail level by MVO or not. I hope i remember this.
Eduardo Rolon
Basic Rule are: [list=]
  • MVOs control is a global control that is saved with Views. Create os needed for different types of Views
  • [list=]
  • MVO Overrides are object level exceptions that will ignore the global settings
  • -----
    So as a rule you never Override as long as you can control with a Global setting like MVO, Layer COmbination, GO, Scale, etc.
    Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
    AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
    another Moderator