BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

slab showing as dashed line one story down--why?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using the slab tool to model the floors of my current project. The floor outline shows as a solid line on the home story and a dashed line one story down. I want to show it as a solid line on both stories but I cannot find the controls for the line type for one story down. Please tell me where I can find the control for the line type for the slab when shown one story down.
Thank you,
John
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Its 2020 now, and I still seem to be having the same problem with slabs not having their own editable line settings when they are seen on the story below. Is there a solution for this yet?
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the experience!

Unfortunately, as of now, the slab's outline showing in the story below can only be controlled globally via the Legacy Preferences. There is an existing wish in our Wish List database (please refer to it as #7700), I have updated it with your comment. Hopefully, our Product Management team will adopt this one in the near future!

Thank you very much for your understanding! Have a great day!

Best regards,
MInh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

OBERMEYER
Booster
johncassel wrote:
Aloha Stuart,
Thank you for replying so quickly and accurately. I had forgotten about the global setting. You nailed it.
The problem for me with the global setting is that I want a different setting for roofs and slabs. Right now my work around is just to draw the solid lines for the slabs on the story below.
Thank you,
John
Is the solution still the same? Just draw the slab?

AO
Andrew Obermeyer | Architect

OBERMEYER Architecture

www.obermeyer.la

AC 26 Mac M1
Learn and get certified!