BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

slab to wall?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how I would turn a squiggly shaped slab upright, so that it's a squiggly shaped wall. I'll attach the photo... what I need is that, but in elevation, not plan.
9 REPLIES 9
Dwight
Newcomer
1: Use the magic wand to create a fill from the slab shape for each different material or color you wish to represent.
2: PASTE the fill into the Complex Profile window and make a NEW profile.
3: Assign materials to the edges.
4: ENABLE the complex profile for use with walls.
5: DRAW the short wall.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Dwight,

That's worked, the only problem is that every computer i try it on crashes when I try to see it in elevation. Nevermind, might just have to do it by hand
Robert Fuchs
Booster
If it doesn't have to be a wall then maybe you could just save
it as a library part. Just select the slabs/ switch to perspective side view/
set the Azimuth to 90 or 270 (which ever end need to be up) and save
it as a library part. Hope this helps.
Robert Fuchs
Miller Bosksus Lack Architects, P.A.
2x2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon w/10 GB RAM
Mac OSX 10.6.4, AC 14 (3004 USA Full)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kelly wrote:
Thanks Dwight,

That's worked, the only problem is that every computer i try it on crashes when I try to see it in elevation. Nevermind, might just have to do it by hand
I have also seen computer crashed on complexed complex profile, maybe a memory issue?
Dwight
Newcomer
TurboGlider wrote:
Kelly wrote:
Thanks Dwight,

I have also seen computer crashed on complexed complex profile, maybe a memory issue?
Computers crash because the memory problem they have is that they forget.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
TurboGlider wrote:
Kelly wrote:
Thanks Dwight,

Computers crash because the memory problem they have is that they forget.
I guess it is BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try to make extra layer for this special object. I would do as Dwight mentioned.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well... it must have been all this memory talk and my computer overheard and decided it would prove us wrong. I tried it for a second time just in case and it worked perfectly and haven't had any troubles at all... well that was until a bug thing kept coming up and shutting cad down. But apart from that the wall works well... Thanks for the help!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is different theme but real.
In my computer with Window version AC runs sometimes very strange (like bug). But it was not bug.
I decided to have Apple!! No more Window with AC!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Robert wrote:
If it doesn't have to be a wall then maybe you could just save
it as a library part. Just select the slabs/ switch to perspective side view/
set the Azimuth to 90 or 270 (which ever end need to be up) and save
it as a library part. Hope this helps.
Hi,

For additional information. I think we should try making use of this method saving it as "library part". It's quite better also when you're dealing with angles of the object your creating... Thanks, hope this helps.
Learn and get certified!