Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

spiral curtain wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I have a problem with curtain wall. I spend lot of hours looking for answer but i didn't figured it out. Problem is that AC is doing something weird for me that i can handle by doing it step by step but i want to find the answer why.
At the picture below red frames are made by archicad, and green by my self.
Why archicad is doing not normal going down or up frames(like spiral) but he is going up and down on whole spiral or do very creepy jumps on short range(few segments) while I'm able to make them normally on my own. Do I have any option checked or something or this is normal and i have to do this step by step. I hoe you understand what I mean and if you need any more data ask. It would be lovely to find the answer finally. Thank a lot

AC14, win xp 32, core i7, 3gb ram

ps. Spiral curtain wall is made from a line + magic wand
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
interesting, but i can't explain, why is doing that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah i know, my girlfriend found that AC is doing his suggestion using the circle. Take a hard wire and make from it a circle, than put it for ex on bottle a try to rotate it using diameter as the axis of rotation and you'll see that it is similar to his proposition on the image. I don;t know why but it looks like it works that way. I finally did it step by step but maybe someone would know how to do it in better way. Soon I will post my other screen's because other question is how to make different colors in walls. I mean if you have circle wall in black color, and i want to make spiral shape on it that has a red color. I did this in curtain wall doing it like i said above and changing color of selected panels, but perhaps there is better way to get it. See you soon