Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

stair assistance?

proto
Advocate

left side of the stair (when going up): tread/riser NOT penetrating the stringer

right side of the stair (when going  up): tread/riser are penetrating the stringer

landing is acting similarly

if i change the stringer profile anchor, everything shifts, but not adjusting the tread/riser to the width between the stringers

where do I find the adjustment dimension that locates the stringer in the right spot relative to the tread width?

thanks up front!

us solo 26

stair-3d.pngStair-settings.png
mac ACv27/4001, US full, Sonoma 14.1.2, 2020 iMac/2023 MacBook Pro
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

proto:

After playing with this a bit:

1. Change the Profile Anchor to Profile Origin.

2. Edit the Profile (C12x25) so the origin is at the top left corner of the profile: just select all the Profile elements and drag. If this profile is used elsewhere in the project, make a copy and edit the copy so the other C12x25 profiles are not changed, then use the copy for the stair.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

proto:

After playing with this a bit:

1. Change the Profile Anchor to Profile Origin.

2. Edit the Profile (C12x25) so the origin is at the top left corner of the profile: just select all the Profile elements and drag. If this profile is used elsewhere in the project, make a copy and edit the copy so the other C12x25 profiles are not changed, then use the copy for the stair.

David

www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
proto
Advocate

Thank you, David. That did it!

proto:

Good to know that worked.

David

www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
proto
Advocate

Just makes me wonder what the various options for alignment in the Settings are actually doing...[Origin, Top Left, Top Middle, Top Right], because if nothing else the selected Profile was oriented such that "Top" would be as expected (ie, the profile wasn't upside down in its drawn definition).

proto:

I took a brief look at the GDL code, but as is typical for Graphisoft objects, it involves macros so searching the code is a chore. I think what would be better is to have 9 options (center, 4 corners, 4 mid points of sides) for the origin point for placement in the stair. At least it should work out of the box with the template Profiles, like the C Steel Section.

David

www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture