Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

stair tool (help creating stair)

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am trying to create this stair using the stair tool but to no success ( in the attach file show what i get using the stair tool and what i want to get) any help is appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
haddadaj_AJH:

The Stair Tool cannot create stairs that go under itself. One option is to create the stair in two parts.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY I HAVE DONE IT IN TWO PARTS BUT I WAS THINKING IF THERE WAS A WAY TO DO IT AS ONE OBJECT.

IT SEEM THE STAIR TOOL STILL NEED MORE WORK.

THANKS
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
haddadaj_AJH:

Others on this forum have mentioned a need for this.

Thanks for adding your signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
If anyone has good links to the User Guide, Reference Guide, other tutorials or videos for the stair tool (AC23) that would be appreciated. I jumped in on the stair tool today, it seems like every new version of AC that I use they completely re-vamp the stair tool to make it harder to use. I can't figure it out at all and I've used AC since version 6. But in defense of Graphisoft, I've also aged as they've progressed....

I understand the basics, which are consistent, but as I tweak the details I can't create a final stair that is of a very basic design.
Anonymous
Not applicable
AGREED!!

I have so many issues creating stairs in AC that it results in building them out of slabs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Maysum-
I'd say stick with figuring out the stair tool. I considered the other day doing just that, building it up all out of slabs, walls, roofs, etc. That's pretty messy and defeats the whole point of BIM. So I persisted, it's super tedious and not at all intuitive but I'm starting to figure it out. Not to understand it, mind you, but to at least figure it out.