Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

stairs

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to know how to get stairs which go off to the left and the right to landings.

any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
vistasp
Advisor
It's not very clear what you're trying to achieve. Are you saying you want to split a staircase from mid-landing to go left and right?

If so, take a straight stair with a landing and use that as the starting point for two other straight stairs that go in opposite directions.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Ingolf
Advocate
Hello Dannyboy17!

If you want to create a Stair that is going to the left, the Solution is really simple. Construct a Stair the way you want it (except that it is going to the Right). Then Use Mirror and turn it the other Way.
Ingolf Sundfør, Bricklayer, Author of several Real Life Problem Solving Books for Archicaddicts in Norway.
PC/i7/W11/ArchiCAD 6.5-27
Anonymous
Not applicable
i think he means 1 flight of steps to the landing then 2 leaving the landing. one going left and one going right
Anonymous
Not applicable
How about laying out the stair like Ingolf showed, then mirror a copy of the same stair to the left and have the shared stair run and path arrow overlap each other. Both stairs will have the same properties at the time of mirroring, and assuming it is a saved stair.gsm object, both stairs will be edited at the same time if one of the stairs was selected for editing because we have the option of editing all stairs of the same file name.
Anonymous
Not applicable
ksymons19 wrote:
How about laying out the stair like Ingolf showed, then mirror a copy of the same stair to the left and have the shared stair run and path arrow overlap each other. Both stairs will have the same properties at the time of mirroring, and assuming it is a saved stair.gsm object, both stairs will be edited at the same time if one of the stairs was selected for editing because we have the option of editing all stairs of the same file name.
I wouldn't recommend it. When you have two model elements occupying the same space they tend to cancel each other out in 3D.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It worked just fine for me. Perhaps the version (I did it in AC13) and/or graphics card makes a difference. Or even what side of the disc AC woke up on that day.

Well, I suppose if what Stuart said happens, then just leave my comment as somewhat of an option.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i usually just make a half flight.. then modle a landing and put 2 half flights on top of that
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok so i used the search fuction and found this topic, which is exactly the problem i have.

now i have used 2 stairs to make the one stairs, and im hoping im doing it right except now i want to add a railing and am having top difficulty. any help would be apprecieated.

Untitled.jpg