Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

steel construction ?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
how can this be modeled in archicad ?
I modeled this in MOI3d in 35 sec. and i cant do this in archicad.
I can model this in MOI3d and export it as 3ds and import in archicad but can you do it in lets say objective, archicforma,or archicad tools ???

This is 2 L profiles 80x80 mm . . .

thx

p.s. I think that i will finish this in MOI3d cos its to fast and i think its a pain i.a.
to model this in archicad.
19 REPLIES 19
Gorazd
Booster
I tried to replicate one part from your picture. Again, I don't have the dimensions right, but it took a minute maybe. It is not my intent to show off my speed, just to emphasize, that it is not always quicker to use other software. Many things can be modeled rigth within ArchiCAD.

Trussmaker is quite hidden in ArchiCADs menus, so many users don't even know that it is there. This kind of structure can also be made with profiler, curtain wall (not sure), complex profiles, sure with ArchiForma and Encina.
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Gorazd
Booster
One more picture.
------

Gorazd Rajh

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, truss maker is great but sometimes i need more detialing than truss maker can offer me. I finished it in MOI3d and imported as 3ds in archicad
this is my results....your are fine too !
finish1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
MOI3D
Gorazd
Booster
It looks nice. Congrats. I didnt even know about MOI3d software.

I know if someone is used to use other modeling sw it can be faster than in ArchiCAD, sure. If I would have trouble modeling this I would go with Sketchup. It is just, that I so often hear "ArchiCAD cant do this" phrase, that I sometimes cant resist to try to prove them wrong.

PS:
Puno uspeha sa tim projektom
------

Gorazd Rajh

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
I cant finish this in truss maker cos i cant get exact model so i need to model this old truss and it will be demolished anyway
truss web is differnt sizes
OBJECTiVE would be good for this:
  • 1. Select the characteristics of the steel member
    2. In an elevation view, draw the first steel segment (2 clicks)
    3. Draw the second steel segment (2 clicks)
    4. Use OBJECTiVE > Tools > Split to split the steel at the required junction
    5. The result in plan, side/front elevation, and 3D
The number of seconds it takes really depends on how long you spend specifying the steel profile. The workflow is very natural for ArchiCAD, far better then messing around saving objects from the 3D window.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also molded this with complex profil and slab tool (for nodal plate create) & save as object. All creation about 10 minutes if you have axial skeleton in 2D.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my opinion OBJECTIVE wins !!!

Objective gives you freedom of design
Objective gives you correct element list
Objective dont create new objects

Great product Ralph ! You are better then GS team !
One man - One army

Thx everybody for participating in this tread !
owen
Newcomer
again ... when is Graphisoft going to come to some sort of arrangement to license Objective as a standard Add-On that comes with ArchiCAD?

you know it makes sense

cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ive been asking this for years. lets make a poll of this issue.
Maybe graphisoft will hear us for release 14!.....