BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

story visibility / hotlinked pln file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I have a source pln file, where I link two different .pln modules, with different story heights.

In the source file - say in 1.floor I want to see, what is visible in 1. floor in each hotlinked files.
Because of different story heights of modules, in the source file I see in one of the modules something from 2nd floor (but I want to see only whats visible in that module in 1st floor).

Any help?
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru
You wording is a bit confusing...

1. You are only wanting to Hotlink a single story of each? Select Single Story when you import the Hotlink, then select the 1st floor?

2. In the floor plan, you are wanting to see the first story of one, and the second story of another? Select All Stories when you import, then when you go to place the Hotlink, select the relevant equivalent stories.

3. Your stories are staggered, which makes things complicated. As far as I know, the best way would be to set everything to Symbolic and to Show on Home Story in this way ignoring the FPCH. You then just assign the relevant Hotlink stories to which ever story you are wanting them to show up on in the host file.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

1. I want to link whole model, not only one story,
2. In floorplan, I want to see first floor of both imported models.
3.My problem is, that in the linked model, which has lower height of first floor than the model i am linking this to, I see some walls from second floor.
4. So basically I want to see only elements, that are visible in first floor of linked model.

Is it clear, what I want?

Thanks a lot for help
Barry Kelly
It is clear what you want, but unfortunately in your master file you can not show a split floor plan - i.e. you can't show different heights in the same plan.
You can control the Floor Plan Cutting Plane height if that helps and you may be able to find a height that works, but it is simply a horizontal cut, all at the same level.

The only thing you can do is in your layout pages, you can place drawings of multiple plan views with different storeys or FPCP heights.
You can crop the extents of these drawings and join them together to get an image of what you want.
So effectively you are joining together views of different heights.

But you may not (depending on your height differences) see the entire plan as you want it in Archicad itself.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
3. Your stories are staggered, which makes things complicated. As far as I know, the best way would be to set everything to Symbolic and to Show on Home Story in this way ignoring the FPCH. You then just assign the relevant Hotlink stories to which ever story you are wanting them to show up on in the host file.

An alternative to this is to use multiple Views as the FPCH is saved per view. In this way you can have one FPCH for one Hotlink / area of your model and a separate FPCH for the other Hotlink / area. On your Layout, you then just place both Views and align them.

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks all for the answers.

Basically my solution means, I have one master model for 3d, elvations, sections, where the heights are as the source modules.
And second master model - where I customize floorheight of an module to the masters - I see in FP what I want.

Another option is via layouts, exporting them from each module file, than joining them f.e. in Indesign.

I am working in a firm in Revit (Revit sucks in perspective of being user friendly to the user ) a and on my own in Archicad, because I love it. But Revit lets yoy see this option of module-connected floors by the source view not depending on the cut plane/height.
Lingwisyer
Guru
It would be nice to have an option when placing a Hotlink to override all building elements as Symbolic. The issue here is that that option is not currently available for everything and that the symbolic representation of some things leaves things to be desired...

Learn and get certified!