Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

surface material not applied to rendering

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I used external jpg texture as surface naterial, but they are unable to appear in the rendering.

Please advice
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
The surface material you see in Archicad, is set in the OpenGL (Internal or Basic Engine) of the surface setting.
When you render you are probably using Cinerender?
You need to alter the Cinerender surface settings to be what you want - they use 2 completely different settings.

There is a button to 'Match' the OpenGL settings if you don't want to change them manually, but you may get ordinary results as it will just create a basic material match.
There are many advanced settings in Cinerender to make the surfaces look much better.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly
The surface material you see in Archicad, is set in the OpenGL (Internal or Basic Engine) of the surface setting.
When you render you are probably using Cinerender?
You need to alter the Cinerender surface settings to be what you want - they use 2 completely different settings.

There is a button to 'Match' the OpenGL settings if you don't want to change them manually, but you may get ordinary results as it will just create a basic material match.
There are many advanced settings in Cinerender to make the surfaces look much better.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK Thanks Barry