Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

survey point - new command in Archicad 25

RandyC
Advocate
I have read about the new command "Survey Point" - but cannot find it anywhere to add and explore - Does not show under new commands in work environment -
is this something that is coming out in a future release ?
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
14 REPLIES 14
Podolsky
Ace
It's here. Also in Location Settings.
RandyC
Advocate
--It does not show on my computer in either space - -

ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Podolsky
Ace
Maybe because during installation you have chosen to use Working Environment of previous version? Then you've got actually ArchiCAD 24 interface. Look at working environment and choose there AC 25 schemes.
RandyC
Advocate
yes I can find it if I load a ver25 work environment --- but I will then need to update all my menus and toolbars again -- this happened several years ago - in this thread
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=48908
I cannot get the old solution by Enrich to work now - this should not be so hard and it only happens on an occasional upgrade --- I have been upgrading since ver. 4.5
maybe graphisoft can help ?
Barry Kelly
I have noticed too, that it is there in some of the new Work Environments for 25.
But it does not appear in the 'All New Commands' list, so it seems it is not possible to add to any existing WE that does not already have it.

I have reported this to my local support - but they just don't seem to understand the problem.
They keep saying you can't add new commands to a WE from a previous version (of course you can I do it every year).

So I have reported it as a bug to GSHQ in Hungary.
Haven't heard back as I only sent it yesterday.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
Barry wrote:
I have noticed too, that it is there in some of the new Work Environments for 25.
But it does not appear in the 'All New Commands' list, so it seems it is not possible to add to any existing WE that does not already have it.

I have reported this to my local support - but they just don't seem to understand the problem.
Glad you reported this, Barry! It makes me wonder how many other commands are not showing up at all for assignment in the WE. I thought that perhaps they did not flag the new Survey Point related commands as "new" commands - so I sorted the list of ALL commands, and then searched for Survey. Results attached. The commands do not show up at all ...and yet there they are in the right panel for the default WE.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Vitruvius
Contributor
I believe this is a bug. I basically had to rebuild that part of my Work a environment from scratch because those Survey Points commands simply didn’t appear. Fortunately not a major task but annoying.

The other bug I’ve found was more problematic: Customized info boxes for tools were resetting to default. I think that may have been caused by running 2 instances of AC25 at the same time. Basically, I was running version 1 with the default AC work environment and version 2 with my work environment. Basically to check mine against any new features.

I sorted it by only running 1 at a time. At least it’s only a one time thing!
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Thank you very much for raising this issue with us!

I was able to reproduce the issue based on Karl's findings, thank you very much! Looks like these Survey Point commands are pretty well hidden. Sorted by All new commands or by Alphabetical order won't show us these commands, but somehow sorted by theme will reveal these. We will investigate the issue further and will let you know the result as soon as we find it!

Thank you once again, and have a great day!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

mnguyen wrote:
Dear All,

Thank you very much for raising this issue with us!

I was able to reproduce the issue based on Karl's findings, thank you very much! Looks like these Survey Point commands are pretty well hidden. Sorted by All new commands or by Alphabetical order won't show us these commands, but somehow sorted by theme will reveal these. We will investigate the issue further and will let you know the result as soon as we find it!

Thank you once again, and have a great day!
Best regards,
Minh

Just a thought - it would be helpful for ArchiCAD users if the list of reported and confirmed Bugs *not fixed* for this release were published so users can be fully aware of what is not working as intended.

Another interesting list of Bugs would be the ones that have been reported and confirmed for many years and are never fixed for one reason or another.

What would happen if instead of any new functions, the objective for the next new release was to make it bug free? Perhaps there would never be a next release if that were the criteria - I don't know. Just thinking about it.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25