Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

teamwork saving .plp file

Tom Krowka
Booster
Is the only way to save the .plp teamwork file by signing out? I am used to saving the .pln file every once in a while because I'm paranoid about losing information.

I'd like to do the same thing with the .plp file. It makes sense that you would not be able to save the file while it was being shared, until everyone else has signed out.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
3 REPLIES 3
The only time you use the "Save" function in Teamwork is when you are creating drafts. No exceptions. If you're saving, you're creating a draft (or drafts) and working on a draft - consciously or no. If you then sign out, your Draft will be orphaned.

When signed-in to an ArchiCAD Teamwork project, you must use the Teamwork Menu. Maybe you could reinforce this behaviour with a custom Work Environment.

Maybe Graphisoft should create one.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom, when you sign into a teamworked file you then save a draft, a PLC file. This file is saved to your local hard drive. From there you save often just like you would a PLN file. When you sign out the draft file is orphaned as Aaron mentioned. You would need to sign back in and save over the previous PLC file. If more than one person needs to work on the teamworked file (the reason for teamwork in the first place huh?) each person will need to sign in and take the portion of the work that they need, either in layers or a specific area limited by marquee. Each sign in will create a different draft that need to be kept separate and after completing their work they will send changes and sign out. Please note you do not have to sign out to send changes. As long as you are keeping the same workspace there is no need to sign out.
__archiben
Booster
continued and expounded here . . .

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=8429
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup