BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

teamwork - working method

Anonymous
Not applicable
howdy

we ventured into using teamwork in v9... but found it a little cumbersome & unwieldly for out needs

are there any major changes/ improvements in v11 (over v9)

also... and more specifically:

if two different windows have the same layers, can they still be signed out independently? for eg. detail A and detail B both share "LAYER A". can i sign out detail A and someone else sign out detail B?

or.....

if there are two stories, do layers apply for both stories or can you sign out layers per story?

thanks in advance for any help/ advice

yukioMishima
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
most importantly, you don't need to sign out detail layers. When you claim a section, elevation, interior elevation, or detail, you get all the layers in the window to make whatever 2D changes need to be made.

The layers you sign out only relate to
1) the floor plans/stories
2) the 3D window

The layers you sign out do relate to all stories you sign out.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
tom

thanks for the quick response

does that mean that if i have detail A user layer Y and detail B using layer Y that if user 1 "reserves" detail A that i cannot work on detail B.... unless i assigne it a different layer?

similarly with the stories..... if i want to work on story A using layer Y and someone else needs to work on story B and layer Y.... no go?

does it make sense to expand the number of layers then... or can the above work?

thanks

yukioMishima
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
yukioMishima wrote:
does that mean that if i have detail A user layer Y and detail B using layer Y that if user 1 "reserves" detail A that i cannot work on detail B.... unless i assigne it a different layer?
No.
yukioMishima wrote:
similarly with the stories..... if i want to work on story A using layer Y and someone else needs to work on story B and layer Y.... no go?
One Teammate can claim Story A and All Layers, and another Teammate can claim Story B and All Layers. Layers are reserved by Story.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks all for the responses

another quickie

seems like a real pain to keep having to define workspaces etc everytime you login to a teamwork project.....

is there a way to save teamwork sign in info as a favorite or something?
eg.... If I wanted x layers (but not a specific layer combo) every time I sign in, do I have to manually select each layer?

thanks again

yukioMishima
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
These should all be stored from the last login, no?

And keep in mind that you don;t have to sign out every time you use ArchiCAD. As long as you have saved a local draft (plc) you can open and close it as much as you want like a regular file, and just send/receive changes and sign out when you need to update the model, change workspace, etc.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
link

thanks for the info

yukioMishima
Learn and get certified!