BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

text to favorites

Anonymous
Not applicable
we have a series of general notes that need to appear on our plans & have noticed that can only save labels to favorites. When we try text, it only saves settings, not the actual note. Is there a way around this?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You might try typing your general notes
then saving them as a GDL object.
Place the object where ever you want.
If you need to change the text in
some situation, explode the object
back to text to make the changes.
Peter Devlin
Karl Ottenstein
Also considering saving your notes to a Module (MOD) file. If you create a whole bunch of mod's in a notes folder, you can think of each file as a saved clipboard, ready to paste (merge). [Mac users have other options.]

For all that people complain about the problems with OLE and Word (which only works on XP, which is your platform), I've been reasonably satisfied with using that combination to link my notes into my layout sheets.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this a simpler solution?... use the label tool, but triple-click so the arrow is but a dot that can be made non printing..
Frank Beister
Advisor
I am using a programmed Label-Object, which reads the text out of different macro-objects. The macros are "childs" of a plain one, which contains a user interface to edit and manage the different standard descriptions.

I can duplicate and modify them for actual projects.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Learn and get certified!