Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

things that are broken in AC23

linking railing to roof nodes by association removes posts. this is so stupid
columns only show center node if that is selected as the structural point.

how the H*ll do they mess up the basic things that should not be changed??? Im so un impressed with this version. they are luck there isnt something better yet. there will be if they dont pull their heads out of ......

really they should give us all our money back for this release. this is BS

oh and its by far slower than v22. which ive now reverted back too

step it up graphisoft you set expectations now meet them.

modumate is coming for you. they basically have me at this point. pending pricing and if i can unload these licenses im stuck with.
95 REPLIES 95
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
columns only show center node if that is selected as the structural point...
For single segmented columns, we still show nodes on the corners - like in AC22.
For multi-segmented columns, we only show nodes at the reference axis to avoid having too many nodes visible for every segment. However, corners still have the same snaps, just we hide the nodes to simply the selection, and editing is moved to Edit mode due to complex geometry.
In AC23 we also added snapping to column edges, and show the reference line more clearly in floor plan and in section (showing blue line). In AC22, when the reference axis was on the edge for example, there was no indication of this.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
rob2218 wrote:
here's something else that's (well) not broken but terrible.
The "speed". Yes, it is indeed much much slower than AC22............sorry folks...but it is.
its so much slower. ac 22 on my lesser machine is faster than ac23 on my bad a$$ machine... so disapointing
James wrote:
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
columns only show center node if that is selected as the structural point...
For single segmented columns, we still show nodes on the corners - like in AC22.
For multi-segmented columns, we only show nodes at the reference axis to avoid having too many nodes visible for every segment. However, corners still have the same snaps, just we hide the nodes to simply the selection, and editing is moved to Edit mode due to complex geometry.
In AC23 we also added snapping to column edges, and show the reference line more clearly in floor plan and in section (showing blue line). In AC22, when the reference axis was on the edge for example, there was no indication of this.
this does help to know. it just sucks when something you use so prominently, and then its just gone.
Bricklyne wrote:
Might it also not be an issue or a case of people being on different machine types and OS platforms getting different experiences and thus having this differing perceptions?

I see you're both on Mac and OSX platforms, so there might be other reasons or causes.
But on the other thread with people complaining about AC23 issues it seems to be quite a few PC folks.

Either way, it's not a good look especially considering the fact that they delayed it's release by almost 4 or 5 months ostensibly to iron out these sort of issues (and they have to have been performance-related issues since this version isn't exactly sporting any new major feature upgrades that one would argue is really affecting how the program performs overall).

Like I said, not a good look, at all.

They're already in a demerit situation with a lot of their customers for the extended delayed release (especially subscription folks).

And then they finally release it and it (seems) buggy and slow.
You're almost broaching ArchiCAD version 8.0 territory here (for anyone old enough to remember what a fiasco that release version was, forcing another version 8.1 to be released to replace it)

not a perception when you test it on three machines with the latest and almost greatest. and ac22 wins on all machines...
the worst part for me, isnt the broken/changed items. but the speed. the reason i even upgraded this year was for the speed of the program. but even if it is "faster" it is in now way a visible difference.

taking that much extra time to release an inferior product blows my mind.

especially with how little they let us know about anything.
Barry Kelly
The speed issue seems to crop up with every new version released.
Have a look at this post re version 22.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=62074

Which in turn links to this post about speed issues in version 20.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=59564#p278620

Try adding exceptions to your anti-virus software for Graphisoft program and user folders (not sure about this on MACs - works for PCs).

Or if on a MAC, maybe a clean re-install of the OS as one user suggested?

I have only been testing with 23 so far but haven't noticed any big speed decreases.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I've almost never switched my current projects to a new release right away.

There are (sadly) always bugs with every new release and once you've upgraded the downgrade is not always problem free either for a project. Given localisation we are behind the curve anyway with our release.

I might start a new project in the new version if it's not too big in scope, to get a feel for how things are working.

I still have projects that I'm working on in AC20, because I can't be bothered with re-doing the stairs and AC20 is very stable.

Even patches can break things, upgrade when it's convenient and not when you have a deadline due etc
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
good gosh guys.... speed not an issue. i had just updated my drivers and windows before the install. well using 23 and bit*hing i forget that windows and nvidia have updates alot. that solved my speed issue. im getting like 75 plus fps in 2d and 3d...

file open time is greater but i think thats my custom lib.

but why is the railing tool broken??? i use it for so many things.. thats my disappointment. and it was an instant thing that happened. so how is it that they release the program three months later than usual and things like that are not fixed..?

i know its the first release but stop breaking stuff that worked great please.
Barry Kelly
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
but why is the railing tool broken???
The railing only associate with the roof perimeter - not pivot lines or ridges (and the posts don't disappear for me).
This is the same as in 22 as far as I can see.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
file open time is greater but i think thats my custom lib.
If it's a 'static' library, consider turning it into .lcf format, if you haven't yet.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5