Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

things that are broken in AC23

linking railing to roof nodes by association removes posts. this is so stupid
columns only show center node if that is selected as the structural point.

how the H*ll do they mess up the basic things that should not be changed??? Im so un impressed with this version. they are luck there isnt something better yet. there will be if they dont pull their heads out of ......

really they should give us all our money back for this release. this is BS

oh and its by far slower than v22. which ive now reverted back too

step it up graphisoft you set expectations now meet them.

modumate is coming for you. they basically have me at this point. pending pricing and if i can unload these licenses im stuck with.
95 REPLIES 95
hmm, when i open my drawing from 22 into 23 my railing posts are just gone. and i only link the railing tool to my roof nodes. if i make them static the posts come back, but if i associate a railing node to a roof node then poof the post is gone

if i make the railing static then poof the posts are back..

here is a video of what is happening

.lcf is pointless for me as i am constantly updating and adding things to my custom objects. but after updating a bunch of drivers, things are speedy fast. i had updated before installing, but im on vacation and hadnt checked for newer updates. so speed is no longer an issue. just the railing tool thing posted above.
i have some input to the speed issue, i was not using migration libraries. just always hated them not sure why. but using them seems to have been the main thing that fixed my speed issue.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you were loading the full library of several versions, then it will take a long time to load and you will get thousands of loading errors because of duplicates.

You very rarely even need the migration library, since these just contain a few parts that have been abandoned (presumably since they were rarely used or replaced by something different).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Since upgrading to 23, i have not been able to publish file as a BIMx model. It just hangs up at the last section of the saving part called ''Bimx package: To be saved" and never finishes.
Erwin wrote:
If you were loading the full library of several versions, then it will take a long time to load and you will get thousands of loading errors because of duplicates.

You very rarely even need the migration library, since these just contain a few parts that have been abandoned (presumably since they were rarely used or replaced by something different).
like i said my libraries are all good now, as well as the speed. now my only issue is the railing tool and roof nodes.
i always remove libraries not needed as i hate to see the action center pop up.
DGSketcher
Legend
The AC convention on creating custom profiles is from L-R equates to inside to out. So when drawing a wall on plan L-R the outside face is to the bottom of the drawing. With beams this logic is inverted. Drawing L-R places the outside face of the beam profile to the top of the drawing. Why? Can't help but think sometimes that GS occasionally loose sight of the concept & logic of what they are producing.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
DaveOlufs
Participant
Having gone from v21 to 23, I've noticed an improvement in zoom and would consider this an increase in speed but not that much of a difference.

MY ISSUE is minor but I've not been able to modify text width without having to redo a new text with a given width. Once placed, there is no amount of persuasion or research found allowing me to modify text width. Maybe there is a setting or this is part of the new release but whatever, I don't like it. I just started using v23, but may just put it on hold and go back to a more stable and usable v21.

It's the little things which seem to affect regularly used items that remind me to wait awhile until the bugs are worked out.
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
RandyC
Advocate
Where has the crop to roof -- uncrop elements -- command go in Beams and Columns ?
Cant seem to find it in info box or when property is opened
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
DGSketcher
Legend
DaveOlufs wrote:
MY ISSUE is minor but I've not been able to modify text width without having to redo a new text with a given width. Once placed, there is no amount of persuasion or research found allowing me to modify text width. Maybe there is a setting or this is part of the new release but whatever, I don't like it.
This is an inconsistent bug. It has been trapped and reported and will hopefully be fixed soon. I haven't encountered it in a new AC23 drawing. Are you using a legacy favourite or drawing file by any chance?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
some menues does not show text just empty boxes... when you click in the empty space were text should appear the single lines appear... I already had this problem as a beta tester and sent this error to graphisoft trough the beta-tester program... it still exists, see the image attached