Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

things that are broken in AC23

linking railing to roof nodes by association removes posts. this is so stupid
columns only show center node if that is selected as the structural point.

how the H*ll do they mess up the basic things that should not be changed??? Im so un impressed with this version. they are luck there isnt something better yet. there will be if they dont pull their heads out of ......

really they should give us all our money back for this release. this is BS

oh and its by far slower than v22. which ive now reverted back too

step it up graphisoft you set expectations now meet them.

modumate is coming for you. they basically have me at this point. pending pricing and if i can unload these licenses im stuck with.
95 REPLIES 95
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Christian, I will report this to GRAPHISOFT.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Christian's bug is also in the USA version.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Stress Co_
Advisor
Christian wrote:
some menues does not show text just empty boxes... when you click in the empty space were text should appear the single lines appear...
On a similar note: The black Menu bars while in Dark Mode persists (macOS).
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67940&p=302244#p302244
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Christian wrote:
some menues does not show text just empty boxes... when you click in the empty space were text should appear the single lines appear... I already had this problem as a beta tester and sent this error to graphisoft trough the beta-tester program... it still exists, see the image attached
Hi Christian,

I'm sorry you experienced this issue with ARCHICAD 23. I did a few tests but was unable to reproduce the same issue. For me, the text is always displaying in the Find & Select dialog.
This could be caused by something specific. If you don't mind, I would like to look into this further but I need your help with that please.

If you could answer a few questions, I'd be very thankful!

Does this happen always or only from time to time?
Does it happen on the same Project File only or it happens on any Project File?
Are there any note-worthy steps you take before this issue appears or is it completely random?

Thanks in advance, and I am looking forward to your answers.

Have a great day!
Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Ghaleb,

I see this issue in the Property/Classification Managers.It makes navigation practically impossible.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Aaron wrote:
Ghaleb,

I see this issue in the Property/Classification Managers.It makes navigation practically impossible.
Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting here as well. Actually, your post just lit up a light bulb in my head. Since it is also happening on various dialogues of ARCHICAD, I'm suspecting it to be a Hardware/Driver issue.

By any chance, is your Graphics Card "AMD Radeon R9 M370X"?

Looking forward to your answer.

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend
I am also seeing this in an undocked Navigator window where parts of the list can be missing intermittently. If you click in the white space the text fills in correctly. It's is like part of the off screen hidden text was ignored and then when you scroll the white space appears.

I have a recently purchased iMac with a Radeon Pro 580X 8Gb graphics card.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
using an iMac - Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB graphics
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Stress wrote:
Christian wrote:
some menues does not show text just empty boxes... when you click in the empty space were text should appear the single lines appear...
On a similar note: The black Menu bars while in Dark Mode persists (macOS).
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=67940&p=302244#p302244
Thank you for posting this here.

I have some good news and bad news.
The bad news is that the issue described over there is not related to the one here.
However, the good news is that the issue mentioned over there has already been identified and addressed by the development team. We expect the fix to be released with the upcoming Update, if all QA and QC tests pass!

Thank you nonetheless for constantly keeping us in the loop and posting it here!

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend
Not sure if this is related to the issue here, but if my screen goes into animated screen saver mode, when I return to AC the main window does a lot of flashing and it is luck of the draw if the drawing returns or just white space. As previously if I click in the white space the drawing reappears.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)