Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

transferring attributes from favorites

Dave Brach
Advocate
I have a model of a house with 20-30 various windows. I'd like to transfer the attributes of one of my window favorites (surfaces, jamb/sash dimensions, wall connection etc) onto all the windows at once but without changing the the current sizes or locations of the windows. Is there a way to do this? Thanks!
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can define a specific Element Transfer Setting for this.
First: unselect all options. Then go to the Door/Window option and select only the parameters you want to transfer.
Hope this helps.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not sure modifying Element Transfer Settings will solve this. We are talking about Library Part parameters here, and Element Transfer Settings are not granular enough to accommodate this. You cannot define a specific selection of Library Part parameters to be transferred.

What you can do is you can memorize the parameters, or you can create a screenshot of all the parameters you want to transfer. Keep it in an image editor for reference.
Then select all Doors your want those parameter settings transferred to. Then simply set those parameters to the same values based on the reference screenshot.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27